Health & Safety
Chaarat has an uncompromising focus on the safety of those who work for the company – be that its employees, contractors and suppliers.
To ensure safety is always at the forefront of the Company’s decision making and behaviours the Chaarat leadership team nurtures a culture of collective responsibility for safety. International Health & Safety best practices are used throughout the company’s operations and construction sites. This is complemented by a clear reporting and remediation framework.
Chaarat’s goal is to ensure that it identifies and removes risks before they result in an incident. The training provided to those who work on site and the business improvement programmes implemented are all designed to create a proactive and positive approach to working safely together.
The Company applies best practices in occupational health and safety management, complies with all relevant regulations and standards of the Kyrgyz Republic, provides and maintains safe working conditions for all its employees, and works effectively to identify, prevent and eliminate hazardous and harmful production factors; if it is impossible to completely eliminate them, a risk management procedure is applied to reduce risk factors.
To achieve our health and safety objectives we will:
- Promote safety and health as a core value of the Company’s culture;
- Understand that no task, however important or pressing, should be performed in an unsafe manner;
- Hold all our employees and contractors accountable for health and safety performance;
- As a minimum, comply with relevant legislation, laws and international guidelines at all times;
- Consider health and safety as part of all work planning or any design criteria;
- Ensure all employees and contractors are competent and trained to complete their tasks;
- Provide adequate information, instruction, training, consultation and supervision for employees and contractors;
- Provide adequate resources to manage health and safety risks in all tasks and working areas;
- Provide safe systems, policies, standards and procedures to effectively manage and control safe and healthy working conditions;
- Carry out regular task observation and risk assessments to continuously manage controls for a safe and healthy work place;
- Report, manage and learn from injuries, illness and near-misses;
- Continually review measurable key performance indicators and strive for continuous improvement by setting targets and measuring results against those annual targets;Ensure active participation in this policy by the workforce; and
- Review and revise this policy as required or annually.
Chaarat strives for “Zero Harm” and will actively promote a shared responsibility for health and safety with our workforce.